Easy and efficient
real-time data storage
The Apis OPC Historian provides market-leading performance with a sustained rate of storing 5 million value/quality/time records (VQT) per second even on low-cost HW servers. Read performance is 2.3 million VQT per second on a cold cache.Lossless compression assures superior disk utilization, typically one byte per VQT sample. 10.000 signals recorded every second can be stored for more than 6 years on a 1 TB disk.The high performance of the Apis OPC Historian means you can set it to log everything at the maximum collected rate without spending time and effort to carefully select which signals to log at which rates. Together with its affordable price, this means both time and money saved!
The Apis Historian is a versatile software product for collecting data, storing the information in a high performance time-series database, and making the historized information available. It is extremely scalable and fits both small and large enterprise systems.
Some of the features that can be included with the Apis Historian are:
- The Apis Historian can use OPC (DA, HDA, AE), OPC UA (DA, HA, AC) or custom interfaces (such as Interbus, Modbus, MMS etc.) to connect to and retrieve information from data sources.
- Real-time hub functionality. Apis OPC Historian can gather all real time information from all real-time OPC sources and present them to any other OPC client in a single namespace.
- Apis Process Explorer trending tool. This tool enables you graphically trend real-time and historical data.
- Data transfer plugins. Enables you to easily transfer data from the Historian to external systems such as Excel or to data formats such as Ascii.
- Replication. All or parts of the Apis OPC Historian databases may be distributed between servers. Replication is useful when you need to replicate time-series data from edge servers into a centralized Apis Historian, replicate data between a Apis OPC Historian collecting data and a reporting server or when you need to export data from 3rd party OPC HDA server into Apis OPC Historian.
- Replay functionality. This enables replay of information from any OPCHDA source. This is especially useful for replaying specific scenarios or incidents.
- State-save functionality. This enables you to take a snapshot of all the values in the entire system at one particular moment. This is particularly useful if Apis is integrated with a simulator, as this allows users to start the simulation at a specific moment.