Ormen Lange Flow Assurance system
A delivery to the Ormen Lange gas fields development was signed together with FMC Technologies and Scandpower Petroleum Technology. The three companies shall deliver a Flow Assurance System (FAS) for Ormen Lange.
The system will include an integration of FMC’s FlowManager™, Scandpower's OLGA 2000 and Prediktor's APIS-system which will make it possible to perform online simulation and supervision in real-time. The system will also utilize model-based control for controlling the production well chokes and the MEG injection system.
Na Kika - delivered by Scandpower Petroleum Technology
The unique features of Na Kika oil and gas field represents significant technological challenges in all facets of development and operation. The SPT edpm solution was installed at BP’s online Advanced Warning System (AWS) and provides support for the flow assurance and sub-sea engineers to make better decisions faster, improve up-time and optimize production.
Primary challenges in flow assurance include hydrate, pigging and slug management. Highlights of project applications include:
- Calculated future cool-down times for shut-down conditions
- Real-time calculations to optimize hydrate inhibitors
- Gas lift optimizer - minimize the gas lift gas usage to maximize cool-down times and expedite transition through the slugging region
- Monitoring functions to indicate leaks, erosion, or deposition
The successful application of OLGA 2000 and APIS provides an online link for data reconciliation, model tuning, alarming and alert notification and powerful off-line what-if capabilities through a scalable WEB-based HMI that is available on all PC’s in the network.
Wyoming UBD - Modeling and control of an UBD well
Scandpower Petroleum Technology worked in co-operation with Shell International Exploration & Production to drill and control a UBD well. The main challenges were:
- Create a window into the wellbore dynamics’ past, present and future by applying online multiphase models for a UBD application
- Maintain the under-balanced condition by controlling bottom hole and wellhead pressure
- Estimate reservoir inflow
The edpm setup with OLGA 2000 and APIS had online communication with rig data, multiphase flow meters and surface equipment. The edpm system proved itself to be a vital tool for downhole pressure predictions.