When producing PV modules, a high level of automation is important in order to compete in today’s difficult market. Prediktor Solar MES plays a key role in any module plant’s automation system, increasing both control of the process and the amount of information available for management, engineering and R&D. Our MES solution’s set of functionalities includes:
- Manage and store huge amounts of process data without loss over long periods of time. This makes the 25 years warranty on modules much more realistic and cost effective, as any defects can be tracked back to their source even after 25 years. Also, many customers greatly prefer to be given accurate production reports together with their modules. Prediktor Solar MES can easily use the vast amounts of production data stored in the system to generate these reports.
- Recipe control to ensure that the correct modules are produced using the correct feedstock and equipment settings. For example, when changing between different module types, the recipe control ensures that the laminators are running the right program.
- Match cell quality and performance with module efficiency. Prediktor Solar MES ensures that cells of similar quality and characteristics are matched together for module assembly, thereby optimizing the cost efficiency and power output of each module type.
- Display real-time trends of temperatures and pressures for laminators in module production,allowing for optimization of this very important equipment. Through this function, laminator energy use can be optimized while retaining module quality.
- Show correlations between broken cells and equipment settings. With this knowledge, equipment settings can then be adjusted to reduce the amount of breakage.
- Provide a real-time overview of the total production line with drilldown possibilities.
- Show real-time SPC charts to ensure correct operation of important processes.
- Show status, alarms and key performance indicators.